All you need to know about how to rent property with Bayleys
Are you a new landlord, asking: What does a Property Manager Do? Are you a seasoned property investor, wanting to know how to rent property with Bayleys' specialists?
Our Rental Agents have put together a handy guide on how to manage property in Christchurch. Our comprehensive Residential Property Management How To is available for download for FREE, and we'll run you through the most important points right here and now. Fill in the form below to download a copy of this document.
What is Property Management?
In a nutshell, our aim is to make owning an investment property a highly rewarding and profitable experience for you, without stress and unnecessary expenses. Expert advice, tenant sourcing, Realty Management and maintenance make for the all-inclusive Bayleys package.
"The team at Bayleys Property Management have handled the entire EQC process on our behalf in a proficient manner during such a challenging and arduous time for all involved. We are involved with several property management companies in various locations and find Matthew and his team stand head and shoulders above all else with their professional approach, dedication and excellent communication." ~ G. & T. Alberta, Christchurch
>We are, in fact, so confident in our ability to help you that we guarantee if, after 3 months, you are not entirely satisfied with our property services we will cancel the contract and refund in full all Realty Management fees paid by you!
What services do I receive?
With Bayleys you get experience, knowledge, reputation and top service.
- 24/7 responsiveness to your requirements/requests - we listen to you and have an after-hours service in place
- Accurate & timely reporting on any issues/repairs needed
- Portfolio-based personalised service - your Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of management; we don't outsource inspections
- Controlled management & technology - we ensure quality process control and embrace the latest technologies/software
- Thorough understanding of the Real Estate Law - we're experts in the Residential Tenancy Act which means minimised risk
- Complimentary services - valuations, property appraisals and assistance/advice should you decide to sell your property
How to manage property - what work does my rental agent take off my hands?
- Rent collection - fully checked & timely with a zero-tolerance to rent arrears
- Owner payouts & statements - view your statements online, get invoices emailed and receive an annual Income & Expenditure Summary for your accountant
- Maintenance & repairs - we arrange reliable, competitively priced contractors or work with the contractor of your choice
- Regular inspections - maintenance inspections including detailed reports 4 times a year
- In- & outgoing inspections - detailed Pre-Tenancy Inspection Report with photos and Final Inspection for each new tenant
- Tax advantages - deduct all our Realty Management feesInsurance information - we can arrange comprehensive landlords' insurance
"Bayleys Property Management have also done a great job regarding dealing with maintenance, inspections and arranging for repairs on my property." ~ D. Gong, Christchurch
How to rent property - marketing
At Bayleys we know that effective marketing is key to successful Property Management.
- Your rental is advertised on 3 websites, including our Christchurch Rentals section
- Your property features on our office rental list for walk-ins to see
- You get a For Rent sign
- Local media advertising to enable additional coverage (optional)
- Have your rental matched with our database of potential tenant submissions
- We conduct unlimited viewings until your property is rented
How to select the right tenant
To ensure maximum returns on your rental in Christchurch, high occupancy is fundamental. That's where finding the best tenants comes in. We source tenants who are able to pay their rent on time, maintain your property as if it was their own and advise us immediately if repairs are required. We do ...
- Comprehensive tenancy application forms to authorise us to carry out background checks
- Reference checks to reduce risk of future problems
- Financial & credit checks to screen tenants through NZ's most extensive databases
- Occupancy management to ensure that in most cases we have quality tenants ready to move in when the property is vacated