Government Reviewing Rental Rules
Government reviewing rental rules
It was recently announced in a report from Cavell Leitch that the Government is proposing to make wide ranging changes to rental laws.
These changes include:
• Scrapping letting fees
• A limit on rent increases to once per year (and potentially a requirement on Landlords to include a formula for rent increases in tenancy agreements)
• An end to 'rental bidding'
• Ending no-cause terminations (currently a Landlord can evict a Tenant with 90 days notice with no reaon, or 42 days with a given reason)
• Setting some legitimate reasons for Landlords to evict 'rogue tenants'
• Making it easier for Tenants to own pets
The Government will consult on the proposals for 8 weeks, and any reforms are unlikely to become law before mid 2020.
We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Feel free to call Lisa on 029 9422 157 or 03 375 4842 for a free, no obligation chat.